Honeywell Experion® LX is a distributed control system (DCS) for small to mid-sized continuous and batch process control applications. It’s designed for smaller plants, less than 5,000 I/O points, one engineering server, and up to 15 operator stations that require a control system that’s easy to use.
Fully modular and scalable, Experion LX is built on proven and patented Experion PKS technology, and includes loop control, function block programming, Honeywell’s advanced products historian, and supports OPC integration to PLCs, RTUs, and other distributed control systems.
- Up to 10,000 process points and 50,000 SCADA points
- Up to 15 direct user stations with four displays per station
- Redundant controller capabilities and fault-tolerant Ethernet
- Batch control based on S88 industry standards
- Uses commercial off-the-shelf servers, switches, and cabinets
- Fully modular and scalable — Add points and stations as needed
What Is It?
With Experion LX, users can:
- Manage all continuous process control applications.
- Optimize batch and sequence-oriented applications.
- Scale from a single personal computer and controller to many stations and controllers.
- Benefit from Honeywell’s latest C300 controller and new Series 8 I/O platform.
- Utilize in-built function blocks, pre-built templates and rich function libraries.
- Address their specific requirements.
- Integrate with existing automation systems, including PLCs, DCS, RTUs, drives and smart field devices.
Its straightforward configuration and advanced engineering tools enable faster project implementation and system changes to meet changing business demands.
How Does It Work?
Experion LX is packed with features for controlling and optimizing applications:
- Experion C300 controller for powerful and robust control.
- Controller-based S88-compliant modular batch control.
- High-performance Fault Tolerant Ethernet (FTE) network.
- Revolutionary Profit Loop algorithm for predictive control.
- Series 8 I/O module design for compact footprint, and easy installation and maintenance.
- Optional redundancy at all levels: server, network, C300 controller, Series 8 I/O modules.
- Powerful reporting tool for fast debugging and system maintenance.
- Smart device integration through industry standard protocols, such as HART, Modbus and Profibus.
- Distributed Server Architecture (DSA) for integration of processes across multiple units, control rooms or geographies.
- Easy-to-use engineering tools with templates, bulk build and bulk edit functions, control strategy. simulation, loop tuning and pre-built displays.
What Problems Does It Solve?
Experion LX helps users:
- Maximize plant uptime and improve plant reliability.
- Optimize plant efficiency and increase scalability for future expansion.
- Boost plant performance and agility to respond to business changes.
- Enhance operator effectiveness and safety through alarm management, display management and procedural operations designed in association with the Abnormal Situation Management (ASM) Consortium.
- Communicate effortlessly with third-party devices and drives.
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).